Author Topic: Automatic Pool Fill (MightyHat, Pi3, MySql/Python, Sprinkler Valve, eTape)  (Read 26715 times)

G550_Pilot

Re: Automatic Pool Fill (MightyHat, Pi3, MySql/Python, Sprinkler Valve, eTape)
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2016, 10:19:01 PM »
Version 3.1 release today!

A lot of changes from the previous versions. Code enhancements and optimizations as I learn more and more about python. Couple of big changes in the version included a full check of my external temp and level sensors by the main program to make sure I have not lost communication with them for any reason and to let me know via pushbullet if my batteries are getting low in my sensors.

If I lose communication with my pool_level_sensor for more than x numbers of checks, I force the pool fill to stop.

Also changed the way I reported my pool level. I had programmed the moteino to send a 0 if the pool were low and a 1 when the pool level was back to normal. Now I send the actual resistance level to my program and I can change what I do within my script as opposed to having to reflash the moteino if I want to change the level values for some reason.

Cheers

https://github.com/rjsears/Pool_Fill_Control

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2017, 03:29:23 PM »
Great progress, not sure how I did not see this update before  :-[

G550_Pilot

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2017, 03:56:41 PM »
Yeah, it has been a very fun project. I have run into a couple of little issues having to do with some of my buttons on the RPi, but I am working on getting those issues addressed.

I am currently working on V3.2 which includes a major restructuring of my python code to clean it up (v3.2 is now almost 2,000 lines long), break out a bunch of stuff into other modules, start working on the web interface and just do basic cleanup and some more sensor integration!

Once I get that to a point where I like it, I will update here again!