Author Topic: PiBakery example for install PiGateway  (Read 1483 times)

Kilo95

PiBakery example for install PiGateway
« on: May 20, 2019, 10:35:34 PM »
When I upgraded to v 8.1 of PiGateway, there was a PiBakery example of all the blocks you need to include. I can't seem to find that example now that I'm trying to upgrade to v9. I figured I'd see if someone could point me in the right direction before I do it the old school way. thanks

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: PiBakery example for install PiGateway
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 11:18:10 PM »
I pretty much scrapped that approach and integrated most things in the setup script. So while it's still possible to do it I would not really be able to support it going forward and I removed those steps and details from the guide.
And more recently raspi-config allows you to setup things like your wifi and SSH so there is no real need for things like piBakery.
At the end, the setup script asks you if you want to run raspi-config. I would advise doing it before the script so you can SSH into your Pi and run setup that way.

Kilo95

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 04:59:44 PM »
Maybe that’s the best way. I was trying to avoid having to hook up a keyboard and monitor to use raspi-config. That’s the reason I was asking

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 05:42:09 PM »
After you burn your image to your SD you can do a few simple things to enable SSH and add your wifi credentials.
See this tutorial for that.
Then it's a clean keyboardless install and you can SSH right into it and continue from there.

LukaQ

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 11:45:04 PM »
Is all of the gateway in the /pi/home/gateway folder?
I don't remember, if you want to delete whole gateway app, you delete that folder or something else has to be done, before upgrade?
Let's say you can't delete the image because of many changes to it

Kilo95

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 12:29:42 PM »
I’ve got a separate sd card I’m going to put v9 on and keep the other one with8.10 or whatever it was on it in case I mess something up. Ok. Thanks Felix.