Main Menu

Phone App

Started by Lensdigital, November 04, 2015, 09:44:15 PM

Lensdigital

Just curious if you thought about making a smartphone app for Pi Gateway?  That would be freaking awesome! :)
Also not sure if you are aware, it seem that Gateway page doesn't fit on regular smartphone screen (i.e. Galaxy Note 4)...

Felix

With some CSS tricks some parts could be hidden, i just didn't have the time and determination to realize that effort. If you flip the screen horizontally it will fit but you will need to scroll a little.. :P
It works for me..

As far as a phone app.. once i get into that then i have to make an app for every phone platform out there, not really keen about it. That's why I developed a cross browser web app instead so I don't have to deal with that.

HeneryH

Custom Phone Apps vs HTML 5 is an ever constant debate.

For Android, there is some benefit to making a widget that is live on someones home screen.  Not sure if there is a benefit to an app on IOS.

From what I gather, energy would be better spent on making the web page more mobile friendly.

Felix

Quote from: HeneryH on November 05, 2015, 09:55:04 AM
From what I gather, energy would be better spent on making the web page more mobile friendly.
That's my same thought.