PiGateway does not load after PiGateway setup script [solved]

Started by txbirds, November 16, 2017, 10:01:49 AM

txbirds

First...Thank you Felix and gang. Great stuff.

Have an rPi2 with GPIO connected MoteinoMega. Believe I followed all instructions for loading software (Felix script). Can read serial data from Moteino via Minicom. When I open Webage (localhost) all I see is "Welcome to NGINX".

Your assistance is appreciated and Thank You.

Felix

Hi txbirds,

By "Felix script" I think you meant gatewaysetup.sh ?
It means something did not go well during setup, did you notice any errors during setup?
Normally that should automatically load the PiGateway webpage.

Can you try loading the Pi's IP from another computer? Same result?

You will need to check the NGINX default site configuration, using sudo nano /etc/nginx/sites-available/default, that content should match the content in this file.
If nothing works, try setup again on a fresh Raspbian.


txbirds

Thank you for quick response.
Yes, I meant gatewaysetup.sh
Did not notice any errors during setup, but for sure missed something.

Loading Pi's IP from another computer has the same result.

Will compare content from 'this file' to /etc/nginx/sites-available/default and see if I can sort it out.

again, Thank you.

txbirds

Found it....
the file /etc/nginx/sites-available/default was the empty configuration. The file similar to 'this file' was named default.dpkg-old

Renamed the files and WebUI works normally.

Off to more reading.....Thanks!

Felix

Ok solved for now, any other issues please post here.