Author Topic: Need help with strange browser tab labels  (Read 843 times)

TrickyT

• NewMember
  • I've been hacking computer hardware for decades
Need help with strange browser tab labels
« on: February 07, 2021, 04:51:43 PM »
I'm running release 9.2.0 of the Gateway code on a Raspberry Pi 4 B. But I've noticed some strange behavior when using the Responsive UI. The text shown in the browser tab is sometimes from a different app node module than the one I clicked on. On the home page the tab label always says "IoT Gateway." But if I click on one of my weather sensor icons, for example, the resulting page is correctly displayed but the browser tab says "Radiation Monitor 52s" or if I click on my motion mote icon the resulting browser tab says "Internet Speed Test 6h." All of these bogus tab labels seem to be from node modules that I wrote (Radiation, Freezer, Internet Speed, etc), so I'm not discounting that I've screwed something up in my JavaScript code. I get the same strange behavior on both Firefox and Chrome on my Macbook Pro, and with Safari on my iPad, so it's not a browser issue. I've tried to find where in the code the browser label gets set so I could work backwards from there but so far haven't gotten very far. I'm wondering if others have seen this problem or if anyone has an idea of what is going wrong.

BTW, the responsive UI introduced in release 9.1 is absolutely fantastic! It works well on desktops, tablets and phones and really looks smart. My hat is off to Felix for this very cool feature.

--tom
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 01:32:09 PM by TrickyT »

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: Need help with strange browser tab labels
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 01:23:09 PM »
I can reproduce, but I never really paid attention to this. This is a jquery mobile navigation issue. Since there is no new release for that I don't have anything to update  :-\ :'(
Thanks for the compliments on the tiled view!

TrickyT

• NewMember
  • I've been hacking computer hardware for decades
Re: Need help with strange browser tab labels
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 02:34:23 PM »
And it looks like we'll have to just live with this issue since there haven't been any new commits to the jQuery Mobile repo in at least a couple of years and from reading a few post in the "issues" section it appears that the project is dead.  :-\