Author Topic: Is Upgrade from 9.0 required for CT-50 Thermostat?  (Read 751 times)

loseymark

Is Upgrade from 9.0 required for CT-50 Thermostat?
« on: January 13, 2021, 12:47:47 PM »
I now have a CT-50 thermostat. I compared my Gateway 9.0 metrics and events between 9.0 and 9.1 and it appears they are all present at least. Are there any code differences that would warrant upgrading?

I have customized the code and metrics quite a bit and would like to avoid an upgrade right now unless there is a good deal of fixes or enhancements in 9.1. That being said, is there an easy way to upgrade without starting from scratch?

I'm on buster on a RPI-4 4GB.

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: Is Upgrade from 9.0 required for CT-50 Thermostat?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 03:34:34 PM »
I encourage you to read through the release documentation and decide if you want to upgrade:
https://github.com/LowPowerLab/RaspberryPi-Gateway/releases

The saying is "if it ain't broken don't fix it".
I would however recommend upgrading since it includes a lot of fixes, package upgrades, security updates etc.

The setup script is still the way to go. Backup everything by copying the ~/gateway dir (including making an image of the SD card) before attempting anything.
Then update to latest raspbian and use the guide to install latest gateway, then merge back your metrics and data (during this process ensure you STOP the gateway app).