IR Remote Control Mote

Started by gurari, August 29, 2015, 12:34:31 PM

gurari

Quote from: Sergegsx on December 22, 2015, 02:36:34 AM
Nice work gurari!

I also use an IR control, in this case via an Arduino MEGA and a ESP8266. The reason for using the MEGA is that the IR codes are extremely long for the space of the atmega328.

Now I need to upgrade it to the Moteino hardware to make it more compact and keep all node styles consistent as ESP8266 is great for some things but I am switching over to Moteino all my nodes.

I added 2 LDR sensor to the small box of the hvac unit, in charge of reading temperature, receive IR and show 2 leds (on/off and running). By adding this two sensors I know when the HVAC system has received correctly my IR code.

I'm using a IR library that I've modified a lil bit to suit my needs so I don't have any problems with the long HVAC messages.
I hope soon to have enough time to modify the library a little more so I'll install the IRmote in the AC so it will read the commands I send with the original remote to know the real state of the AC. When all is installed in the body of the AC the project will be very clean and will suit my expectations.