Author Topic: How to download all data of a node?  (Read 1073 times)

LukaQ

How to download all data of a node?
« on: May 15, 2020, 04:07:06 PM »
Hey,

I wanted to see one metric of a node for past few months, which has >500k points in that span. Pressing download and opening excel, I see there are < 100k. Reduction of 5x or more. Which for this case means data lose (missing data), since I don't get every detail from node. Any thoughts/fixes?

What about downloaded data time? GTM? I have point at epoch of 1586419006000 (excel), which is
Code: [Select]
GMT: Thursday, 9 April 2020 07:56:46
, but there is nothing on graph at that time.
now it is also
Code: [Select]
Your time zone: Thursday, 9 April 2020 09:56:46 GMT+02:00 DST
, where there is this data point. From where is time of data, when is being created, taken from? I have right time set on my PI. Should be 9, but downloaded as 7
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 04:24:13 PM by LukaQ »

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: How to download all data of a node?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 03:53:35 PM »
Is this the latest version 9.1?
Please always specify the version when you submit a question or bug. Otherwise I can't really help in a deterministic way.
I can only dig in the latest version, otherwise I could be spending hours to try to replicate a bug that may not exist anymore.

Anyway, in the graph export there is a 100k hard limit, look in gateway.js for "100000". The screen graph will never load that many data points.

If you want to export ALL data of a node (between some certain dates) then use the Download All Data button on the Node dashboard.
There is a parameter in the Download All Data (CSV) dialog called "Max points/metric:". That is defaulted to 10k points but you can increase it to whatever.

Notice the timestamps you see differ only by hour.
(This means) Timestamps are in GMT, you will have to adjust to your locale. A future improvement would be to add a dropbox to choose to adjust the timestamps to a specific locale. You could open a issue at Github for this improvement.

LukaQ

Re: How to download all data of a node?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 11:15:44 PM »
Is this the latest version 9.1?
yes, sorry, will do. No it is 9.0

Anyway, in the graph export there is a 100k hard limit, look in gateway.js for "100000". The screen graph will never load that many data points.
That is fine, does not make sense to see that many on "small" monitors

If you want to export ALL data of a node (between some certain dates) then use the Download All Data button on the Node dashboard.
There is a parameter in the Download All Data (CSV) dialog called "Max points/metric:". That is defaulted to 10k points but you can increase it to whatever.
Ok I'll give that a try