Author Topic: Getting ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED with clean install [solved]  (Read 1231 times)

Nspector5

• NewMember
Getting ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED with clean install [solved]
« on: October 01, 2019, 11:59:50 PM »
I recently performed a clean install on my Raspberry Pi 2 with a MightyHat and the install seems to execute okay, but when I try to go to the IP address of the Pi, I get the error message ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. I have checked that gateway.js is running via ps aux | grep gateway. I have also tried stopping and restarting the gateway via the sysctrl commands. I have even tried re-running the install script, all to no avail. Any ideas what might be going on? I am on the same local network as the pi; I can SSH and SFTP into the Pi, but the gateway app does not seem to be getting served.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 12:39:22 PM by Felix »

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: Getting ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED with clean install
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 09:39:21 PM »
A Pi2 is pretty old, are you sure there were no errors during setup?

Nspector5

• NewMember
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 10:54:08 AM »
Well, I re-ran the install, and found an error:

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

Running "sudo dpkg --configure -a" did not fix the problem, so I ran:"sudo apt-get install -f", then "sudo dpkg --configure -a".

I was then able to re-run the install script with no problems, and now my gateway is operating as expected.

Thanks.

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 12:39:14 PM »
Thanks for the follow up and solution details.