Author Topic: Gateway v9.0.0 Released  (Read 6729 times)

LukaQ

Re: Gateway v9.0.0 Released
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2019, 03:35:20 AM »
Felix, for next improvement, could you add option to graph two nodes in one graph. Example would be: sensor1 = node 2, sensor2 = node 3. Then have options to graph both, let's say you would want to compare indoor and outdoor temp and see relation

Duable?

And how do you use same scale for two metrics in multi-graph?

I have also found I problem, where I can't have 5 metrics on one node, if I have 6, last one does not appear and none of the previous ones don't update anymore

last thing I've added is
Code: [Select]
  Flow : { name:Flow', regexp:/\bFlw\:([\d\.]+)\b/i, 
value:'',
duplicateInterval:3600,
unit:'m3/h',
pin:1,
graph:1,
graphOptions: {legendLbl:'m3/h',
lines: { steps: false, lineWidth:1 },
colors:['#326'],
//yaxis: { tickSize: 0.2},
series: { curvedLines: { active: true, apply: true, nrSplinePoints: 1},
lines: { show: true, fill: true, fillColor: "rgba(205, 80, 105, 0.3)" },
  autoMarkings: { enabled: true, showMinMax: true, showAvg: true, minMaxAlpha: 0.3, lineWidth: 1, avgcolor: "rgb(255, 0, 0)"},
}
}

},
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 11:48:27 AM by LukaQ »

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2019, 12:01:19 PM »
Yes dual nodes on 1 graph is planned, it will take time, no ETA yet, sorry about that.

I will take a look at this if I find some time.
IMO 6 graphs is a LOT of data (too much possibly) to load on 1 graph. The issue is when you have 1000 data points in view for each. The Pi does extremely well with the aggregation algorithm but I personally have not tried it with more than 3-4 graphs, its so much data it's barely readable.

LukaQ

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2019, 01:23:00 PM »
The thing is, I don't want to plot them all, didn't even try, I just want to log them, 6 separate metrics for one node (this specific one). I'm only talking about logging, no relation to graphs
And for 5 metrics, I can do that, if I try to have 6, whole gateway "stops". I graph only 3 not more.
If I remove 6th from the userMetrics (6th for this node, I have many more altogether), it starts to work again.
And this is via HTTPendpoint, this node, not over serial (RFM)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 01:29:07 PM by LukaQ »

TrickyT

• NewMember
  • I've been hacking computer hardware for decades
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2020, 11:24:07 AM »
Felix (or anyone), can you tell me how versioning works for the gateway code? When I look at the github repository is says that v8.11.1 is the latest release. But "Gateway V9 Released" and accompanying release notes was an entry on the LowPowerLab home page dated May 8, 2019 and I saw a reference to v9.1.0 on this page https://lowpowerlab.com/guide/gateway/fail2ban/ a few days ago. But I can't find any relevant changes in the github repository that details what's different in the code between v9.0.0 and v.9.1.0. Also, other than what's in the 2019 announcement, is any change log maintained? As the gateway is further developed it would really be nice to know what all has changed.

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2020, 07:56:38 PM »
I appreciate the question. Sorry i haven't put more time into docs. Yes it is actively developed.
I am working on the 9.1 release. It's a major release with lots of important changes, fixes, optimizations, and some nice goodies IMO.
I will release a blog when this is ready and will put up more documentation on the github release.

I did not make a 9.0 release. Basically 9.0 is the head of the repository as it is published now, and would include all commits since last release. I will see if I can do that quickly before the 9.1 release, for completeness sake.

UPDATE: A 9.0 release was made here. There is also a V9.0 blog release with the change/new feature log.

TrickyT

• NewMember
  • I've been hacking computer hardware for decades
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2020, 03:49:26 PM »
That would be great Felix. Much appreciated!