Author Topic: Gateway v9.0.0 Released  (Read 6733 times)

LukaQ

Gateway v9.0.0 Released
« on: May 09, 2019, 04:01:07 PM »
Hello Felix,

first, many thanks, this update brought so many useful features, like multi graph, posting data from LAN! This is HUGE, big step up!

• The only thing I would see as being useful if it was in is some kinda color picker for multigraph (which by the way I can't thank you enough for it)
    This though would need to change file in userMetric.. so I don't know, is it double?
  • Another thing is, edit multi graph as it, select which metrics you would like to see. Instead you have to delete it and create is again (unless I don't see where to do this)
  • Cross node multi graph? use metric1 and 2 from node A and metric5 from node B (something for future version?)

Another thing I've found is:
  • I've put speedtest to node 17
  • I then moved the old usermetric and db to gateway
  • node 17 was not in it then
  • I couldn't added back 17, it said it was already existing
  • deleted the db files for 17
  • still couldn't add it, it still existed
Maybe it would come up in ~5min after speed test would be done
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 09:10:53 AM by Felix »

LukaQ

Re: Gateway v9.0.0
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 04:18:16 PM »
Thing of beauty and joy forever!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 10:07:48 AM by Felix »

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 05:05:04 PM »
Glad you like it,

So you figured out the colors?
Basically if you want a specific color, it has to be defined in that metric's graph object, you can see how its done for various existing graphs.

Color picker? I thought this was pretty hard to achieve but ... keep dreaming maybe something will come of it  :)

Dynamically pick/hide metrics in multigraph .. yes i wanted this too but .. it will have to be a future version. I think its acceptable for now since in most cases you'd pick the 2-3 metrics you really care for and then it never really changes.

Cross node multigraph? It will be done at some point, future version. It would be a major paradigm shift in some ways and how the front end list is shown, etc. One problem is with legends and crowding of so much data in 1 graph.

Let me know if there is still a problem with the speed-test data migration.

LukaQ

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 11:44:12 PM »
Yes of course I figured it out, line and fillColor, just so many colors to choose from and so many metrics I can get :)
I thought it is not trivial, maybe if there was limited set of predefined colors, would that be any easier? I will also look into this

And while we are at multigraphs, perhaps allow to have >1 multigraph per node. Temperature vs humidity and heating power vs temperature (for future version :))

It would be a major paradigm shift in some ways and how the front end list is shown, etc. One problem is with legends and crowding of so much data in 1 graph.
Perhaps, but it might net have to be. Front end can still be like this. Just add one after the other (if nothing else for beta version, to see how that would work). Legends you could also add max of 4 (I don't know if you would need it even 2, since you can always drag your pointer to graph to see value and which one is it), then you don't even need to show it anymore, it is expected that you know or can check what you are looking at.
I understand, this can be a problem for mobile devices, but PCs have big screens and you can fit a lot of data on it.

Let me know if there is still a problem with the speed-test data migration.
Will check again later today

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 09:10:35 AM »
And while we are at multigraphs, perhaps allow to have >1 multigraph per node. Temperature vs humidity and heating power vs temperature (for future version :))
That was my intent when I started coding it, then realized how much of a complication it would be, and thought it's a better idea to start with 1 only per node and see later if it's feasible to have multiple. "1" step at a time.

SLO_Rock

• NewMember
Re: Gateway v9.0.0 Released
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 02:33:45 PM »
Hello, Mr. Felix
At first, I want to thank You for this great projects (Moteino, IoT_Gateway..)
I follow Your site lowpowerlabs, about 2 years and I make a few custom Moteinos (by Yours DIY Moteino tutorial) and Gateway on RPi3.
Now, when released new Gateway v9.0.0, I make a decision to translate GUI to Slovenian language (My family not speaking English..) and  I don`t now if this is legal (but I use Gateway translation for My own)_ I just modified index.html and userMetrics.
I ordered a MightyHat in Your shop, to enable UPS function for Gateway.
If You would make in GUI (index.html) some subpage for ground_floor, 1st_floor, garage.. for separating nodes?

With respects, SLO_Rock

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 03:49:29 PM »
SLO_Rock,

Thanks for the feedback and compliments, much appreciated, and glad you like the app.

I think you're asking the same question as Luka above - about the ability of grouping nodes together in some way.
At some point I think I will do it, just nothing planned for release right now, I have other pressing things I need to work on at the moment.

Also, regarding other languages - I can only officially support English going forward, I don't think that will change, but its commendable that you took it upon yourself to translate the UI for your family.

sparky

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 02:38:35 PM »
Felix,

This issue happened last week but I just thought it was something I did wrong..  now out of the blue it happened again.

Pulling up the UI on my phone I noticed the icon changed on my DoorBell mote.. clicking on it I noticed that under the Type: field there was no type selected.. I had to re-select the type.  Last week when it happened it was my SumpPump and Garage mote that this same thing happened.  see attached

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 12:51:28 PM »
I am aware of a bug which causes the TYPE to be re-assigned if the TYPE is sent out by the mote.
But this seems a little different.
Anyway I will have a fix in the next version, I see nothing like this on my end so I think it's resolved.
If you want to do it now, you can replace this piece of code in gateway.js:

Code: [Select]
            //handle TYPE metric
            if (metric == 'TYPE') {
              nodetype = metricsDef.determineValue(matchingMetric, tokenMatch);
              if (metricsDef.motes[nodetype] && existingNode.type !== nodetype) {
                existingNode.type = nodetype;
                existingNode.icon = metricsDef.motes[nodetype].icon || existingNode.icon;
              }
              continue;
            }

sparky

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 06:21:23 PM »
Well the change to gateway.js did not help the issue I'm having.

rd909

• NewMember
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 09:55:16 AM »
Is it possible to use httpendpoint to update RF nodes? I have been using an “api” js add-on to provide an interface to homekit, but it’s not very stable due to the need to query the dB all the time. It would be great if this functioned like an API, so I could query status of the garagemote and even initiate an open/close command. Is that possible, or can I only interface with httpendpoint nodes?

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 10:06:21 AM »
At this point you certainly can append data to any node with the HTTP endpoint.
So a "node" can receive data from an RF node (by its ID) and/or through the HTTP endpoint (to that same ID).
If the ID is not specified then a new node with the IP address would be created as ID.

WhiteHare

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2019, 06:11:46 PM »
I'd like to give it a try.  Does it still work on only Raspberry Pi 2?

sparky

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2019, 06:21:51 PM »
Works fine on Pi3

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2019, 09:42:53 PM »
Pi2 is pretty old, someone just reported having some issues getting the app to run.
I haven't tried it on a Pi2 in a long time, not even sure if I have one around.
The console output during setup should be watched carefully for any errors especially for the nginx install and the more finicky node packages like node-serial which were always problematic between Pi versions and OS releases.

PS @WhiteHare nice to see you around!