Gateway is not sending e-mail...

Started by Lensdigital, September 28, 2015, 03:46:49 PM

Felix

Quote from: LaneF on October 22, 2015, 10:36:57 AM
I went into Google and my two step verification is in fact turned off.
I think I'll try it with the email my cable provider Comcast set up for me and see it there server will work.   It would be nice since I don't use that account for anything except to collect SPAM.
With Gmail being predefined in nodemailer, all you need is your account and your password.
With another client like comcast you will need to get their SMTP server and port, then account and password. Instructions for how to do that are at the nodemailer page. You will need to modify gateway.js for that also.

Lensdigital

Quote from: Felix on October 22, 2015, 11:05:00 AM

So you want to send an email with gateway.js running. Look at the motionEmail event in metrics.js. That sends an email when a "MOTION" metric is received from a Moteino. You can of course fake that by sending "[NodeId] MOTION" to your Pi where a [NodeId] has the motionEmail event active.

If you want something custom like send email when you send a magic string over serial that's something you'll have to add on your own.

Thanks a lot Felix, I really appreciate it. I"ll try that soon.

Felix

Lensdigital, can you check your PMs please, thanks.