Events erased when RPi rebooted

Started by Kilo95, November 28, 2015, 04:03:58 PM

Kilo95

When I reboot my RPi and login the the gateway page the node (my sonarmote) shows up fine but any events I had set are gone (sms if level <15cm). I have to add event to get it to send sms if the level is too high. Works perfect other than that. Is there some way I can program it so
I don't lose the events on the gateway page every time I reboot the RPi?

detroit_johnny

Hi Kilo95 - check out my thread that described similar problems here... https://lowpowerlab.com/forum/index.php/topic,1319.0.html

Bottom line it is how I was rebooting, certain commands will cause the problem.  Try using sudo halt for your shutdowns or use pkill node if you want to restart the gateway.  It's not the same as rebooting but much faster if you're just looking to test new gateway settings.

Felix

There was a bug in NeDB that was fixed with the release of NeDB 1.5.
Please see this post for the resolution.


Kilo95

ok. I've had issues trying to update nedb. I'll wait on that til its more automatic. It royally messed something up so I start with a fresh RPi image (v6) listed in the moteino framework gateway walk through. I can login to the gateway UI with a web browser but it hangs up at "Waiting for socket connection". I changed the default http password and pi password, edited settings.js. Port forwarding is still in effect. I tried "pkill node" and "nohup node gateway.js &". What am I missing? Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your help