Author Topic: Adding Weathershield node  (Read 1331 times)

r.rabin

• NewMember
Adding Weathershield node
« on: March 18, 2018, 01:14:46 AM »
Hello,

I am running the Gateway server on a Raspberry PI 3. I have a Moteino attached to the USB port of a Raspberry PI running the rf95_server sketch. Another remote Moteino equipped with a Weathershield is running a modified version of the rf95_client sketch. Data is being received by the server, but the Weathershield does not show up as a Node on the Gateway. How are the Nodes assigned? Do I need to define values for  GATEWAYID, NODEID, or NETWORKID in both server and client sketches?

I have "genNodeifnomatch" set to TRUE in my settings. The log does show data being received by the server (which is attached to the Raspberry PI).

Thank you! -Bob

How

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: Adding Weathershield node
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 01:03:13 PM »
The gateway software expects properly formatted serial messages from your Moteino/MightyHat or whatever else MCU+radio you use.
Format is like this:

Code: [Select]
[id] data

where id is the node id, and data is space separated tokens. The tokens are defined in metrics.js, or you can define your own in separate userMetrics.js files, example is given in the userMetrics folder.

For the weather shield, you have to send recognized metrics like: F:75.30 H:60 etc.
See metrics.js for more.

r.rabin

• NewMember
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 10:16:46 PM »
Thank you Felix. This is very useful information!

-Bob

kwalkerk

• NewMember
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 11:48:50 AM »
r.rabin

I have a similar setup.  Did you get it working?  If so what serial port/baud rate did you use in the gateway settings?

Also can you share your code for the client and server sketches?

Thanks!

Ken

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 03:16:29 PM »
FWIW : the defaults are 19200 baud both in the PiGateway sketch, and in the Gateway settings file.