Wireless Programming catch-22

Started by henrik, February 17, 2014, 12:41:09 PM

henrik

Hi Guys,

I'm afraid I might have been too quick with my Moteino order...  :)

I've just ordered 1 Moteino USB (to be used as the gateway) and 5 Moteino "regular". All with the flash memory.

But I do not have a FTDI thingy and after reading through these forums and others I think I might have problems programming the 5 "remote" Moteinos.

Can anyone clarify if I need the FTDI thing to get things started or should I be able to program the 5 Moteinos wirelessly out of the box?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Felix

Hey henrik,
Yes you will need the FTDI to program them. Please email me directly at [email protected] to modify your order.
Wireless programming depends on 2 things and requires your action (not ready out of box):
- FLASH chip on the Moteino - this is where the sketch is temporarily uploaded before it is permanently written to the AVR flash ROM
- active listening for a wireless programming command - done via the CheckForWirelessHEX() function in the WirelessHEX library