Author Topic: Two Moteino, same sketch, two results?  (Read 2596 times)

drsprite

• NewMember
Re: Two Moteino, same sketch, two results?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2019, 12:27:15 PM »
Makes sense. I'll keep my eye out for the R6 (MoteinoUSB) to be back in stock, I may pick one up.

drsprite

• NewMember
Re: Two Moteino, same sketch, two results?
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2019, 02:43:15 PM »
If you have another 2 units to test, just compile your latest code and upload to both. Then you know if it acts the same or not. Its just a matter of identifying the shortest path to resolution (divide and conquer the problem to small pieces that are easy to work with).

RE ISP - I dont have a guide, because there are unlimited such guides on the internet, depicting how you might do it with an actual programmer, or an Arduino, and using Atmel Studio or avrdude etc. You dont have to change any fuses. You only have to use an ISP programmer to read the memory content (it will also read the bootloader), and write that to a new Moteino. Ensure you dont change fuses or you can brick the AVR.

Finally feeling brave enough to do this today. So I tried it. I used avrdude to save the compiled code off the MoteinoUSB v6 and saved it. Then I used avrdude and wrote the hex to the MoteinoUSB v7. Running both MoteinoUSB's side-by-side I'm getting results. Very strange.