Author Topic: Stuck on waitPacketSent(); - Possible hardware damage  (Read 797 times)

zkorange

• NewMember
Stuck on waitPacketSent(); - Possible hardware damage
« on: July 30, 2020, 12:03:52 PM »
I'm currently making 20 matching devices using Moteinos with trace antennae.  So far they've all worked well except two.  Those two appear to be getting stuck on the waitPacketSent() function.  It seems like the mode never gets changed out of Tx mode, so the while loop can't move on.

The code is identical for the other 18 devices and they run seamlessly.  The two that aren't working also used to work and I believe they're the only two that I've had to solder/desolder on repeatedly for various tests.

Is it possible that I've somehow burned through a connection point between the transceiver and the atmega?  If so, how would I go about testing this, identifying where the failed connection is and hopefully repairing it?

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: Stuck on waitPacketSent(); - Possible hardware damage
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 02:58:04 PM »
If you have the right tools, swapping radios can be a piece of cake. Otherwise damage is highly likely, depending how you desoldered old radios.
So the answer: it comes down to what the damage is. What is on the other side of the moon ...
I would not spend the time to try to find what might not be there, for just the value of 2 small motes, but if you have lots of time on hand then maybe worth debugging further.

zkorange

• NewMember
Re: Stuck on waitPacketSent(); - Possible hardware damage
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 05:39:04 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply and sound advice!

So far no luck identifying a failed connection, but I already ordered two more.