Stops sending after 4 hours

Started by ShadowGrass, March 09, 2014, 10:03:52 AM

john k2ox

When I got my first Moteino one of the commands, if I remember correctly, was to turn CRC on and off.  CRC does a compares a number calculated in the transmitter base on the TX message with a number calculated in the receiver base on the RX message.  If the two don't match the message is discarded.

I would say 14 hours is a great improvement over four.  You are headed in the right direction.

If the problem is interference, removing the 'listen for signals' code allows the TX to go on in there presence.

There is also the possibility that the receiver hears the foreign transmissions and goes out to lunch trying to understand it.  Turning on CRC in both the radios will reduce that possibility to near zero.

Looking at today's data says it is not temperature related. 




Felix

Hold on, he has RFM69HWs so using the RFM69 lib (unmodified?) which means CRC is automatic. So no need to check that specifically.
A HW fault is possible, but many other things are possible.

ShadowGrass

No there is nothing large in the mains, plus I have ample protection in my circuit design to protect from spikes, at least best practice. I am going to try a new Mote in the sender, otherwise I am what I think is a dead end.  I could  attempt to disassemble the whole thing but if I do that I may as well replace it for the amount of work involved. I appreciate all the feedback and help, but I'm throwing my hands up on the sender until I can replace it to rule it out completely.

ShadowGrass

Alright, after a prompt swap from Felix (thank you), I replaced the sending unit in the well house.  I am happy to say that it has been running about 22 hours so far without a hiccup.  My heat is working and thankfully my pump is pumping just in time for the spring melt.  I wanted to thank everyone very much for your insight and expertise.  You're a great group and I really appreciate all the time and help. 

So, hopefully we can finally put this one to bed...speaking of..

Felix

Allright, I would still keep a close eye on that one though. I hope there are no issues with the library.