RFM69HW Sleep Function

Started by lilpint97, January 26, 2014, 09:08:38 AM

lilpint97

Good Morning, I am converting all my RFM12's to 69's, however the libraries are different, which is OK with me, however one function I used on the 12's is that   radio.Sleep();, and when I send I used   radio.Wakeup();. In the 69 library I see the sleep function, but I don't see a corresponding wakup, is that function built into the send or some other function I am not seeing? Any help would be appreciated.

Love these moteino's, they are like gremlins just add code!

LazyGlen

Waking the RFM69's is as simple as calling any Radio function:

http://lowpowerlab.com/forum/index.php?action=search2
http://lowpowerlab.com/forum/index.php/topic,256.msg1453.html#msg1453
http://lowpowerlab.com/forum/index.php/topic,263.msg1298.html#msg1298
http://lowpowerlab.com/forum/index.php/topic,109.msg282.html#msg282

Moteino : Gremlin, hmmmm, Its been a while, but IIRC they turned Evil if you did something wrong (feeding them after dark?) what is the evil trigger for Moteino's?

LG


Felix

Yep - there is no wakeup() function, just do this:

- receiveDone() to put the radio back in RX mode
- send() or sendWithRetry() to put radio in TX mode

lilpint97

I guess the not setting HighPower on the HW  :o

lilpint97

Perfect I am seeing a 1.5mA draw when the moteino is in sleep mode with the RFM69HW from the LowerPower.h library hoping to reduce that, I had it down to .05 mA on the RFM12B, of course I could go to the RFM69W, and for this project I have access to two deep cycle batteries (boat batteries), but trying to make the nodes independent. Might think about deep cycle primary, 9V backup by adding a plug to the project and building a switch based on power/mA available. Going to post my project very soon, hope it helps someone that has a boat in freezing cold weather.