RFM69 tune... (ITPlus)

Started by ulli, September 14, 2014, 11:01:07 AM

ulli

Hello,

I am doing my first steps with the RFM69. I already have good experiance with rfm12 and I want to update all rfm12 to 69.
I use the Jeenode library for RFM12 and additionally set the radio module up with the following
  rf12_control(RFM12_SetFreq868(868.3));       // 0xA67C Frequenz 868.300 MHz
  rf12_control(RFM12_SetDataRate(17240));      // 0xC613 Bitrate   17.24 kbps

I do the following in your library file "rfm69.cpp":

#define RF_BITRATEMSB_17240                  0x07 //ITPlus Bitrate   17.24 kbps
#define RF_BITRATELSB_17240                  0x40 //ITPlus Bitrate   17.24 kbps

    /* 0x03 */ { REG_BITRATEMSB, RF_BITRATEMSB_17240}, //default:4.8 KBPS
    /* 0x04 */ { REG_BITRATELSB, RF_BITRATEMSB_17240},

But I do not know how to shift the frequenz to 868,3 in the RFM69 modul?
Additionally how can/should I set up the bandwidth?
I already read somthing like (BitRate < 2 * RxBw) in the documentation of the rfm69 but I do not understand it
(17240 bps < 2 * RxBw). Would result in a huge bandwidth....

Please help!

Felix

There are some commented out settings in the source for 19200baud: https://github.com/LowPowerLab/RFM69/blob/master/RFM69.cpp
Also a few other examples in the forum that people have tried, I think mostly for very low bitrate.