Reading serial through FTDI

Started by veryphatic, May 22, 2014, 08:46:09 AM

veryphatic

Hi there, I have a Razor IMU https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10736 that uses a FTDI port to transmit the serial data.

I'm wondering if it's possible to read the serial data from the IMU using the Moteino FTDI RX pin?

I've been using the standard Serial.readString() methods, but no luck.

Cheers

Felix

Yes it should work. Moteino IO is at 3.3V so it should work either way.
See this example of how to read serial: http://arduino.cc/en/Serial/available

salmansheikh

#2
i uploaded the node-gateway sketch to an moteino R4 via an FTDI adapter (both from you)...when I upload it, I don't see the menu show up on my Arduino monitor..should it with the FTDI adapter over its serial port? Doesn't seem like it is doing so?

Felix

Quote from: salmansheikh on November 16, 2014, 11:09:30 AM
i uploaded the node-gateway sketch to an moteino R4 via an FTDI adapter (both from you)...when I upload it, I don't see the menu show up on my Arduino monitor..should it with the FTDI adapter over its serial port? Doesn't seem like it is doing so?
I'm not sure what menu you are referring to?