Moteino MEGA ENIG finsih

Started by JohnO, October 13, 2014, 01:34:32 PM

JohnO

Hello Felix, I've just noticed that you are offering the Moteino MEGA in ENIG finish. Is this available for immediate shipment or are you running down stocks in the original finish?

Felix

ENIG is available for immediate shipping as of now.
I will need to update photos in the shop ...

JohnO


JohnO

Received, I find the new ENIG finish is much easier to solder. Looks good too!

Felix

Really... I find the HASL finish somewhat easier to solder to actually. But I use lead free solder and a very hot iron so maybe that's why. I think the ENIG surface will degrade in time but the HASL will not. It may just be a matter of preference. But I do agree the ENIG looks pretty and I plan to move all the designs to ENIG now. It does cost quite a bit more though... but it is lead free and makes the Moteinos look more professional which are both pluses.