Default Baud Rates in the registers.h RFM69HW

Started by lilpint97, February 06, 2014, 02:11:14 PM

lilpint97

I was doing some deep dive into baud rates, and range stuff per some other posts, and I see where it states the defaults are 4.8K Baud and Freq Deviation is 5K, but I am seeing 57.6K Baud, and 50K Freq Dev? Thoughts?

#define RF_BITRATEMSB_4800                  0x1A  // Default
#define RF_BITRATELSB_4800                  0x0B  // Default

When I look at the .cpp code I see it calling the 55555, which looks to be 57.6K versus 4.8K?
#define RF_BITRATEMSB_55555     0x02
#define RF_BITRATELSB_55555     0x40

....
.cpp code snipet
    /* 0x03 */ { REG_BITRATEMSB, RF_BITRATEMSB_55555}, //default:4.8 KBPS
    /* 0x04 */ { REG_BITRATELSB, RF_BITRATELSB_55555},
    /* 0x05 */ { REG_FDEVMSB, RF_FDEVMSB_50000}, //default:5khz, (FDEV + BitRate/2 <= 500Khz)
    /* 0x06 */ { REG_FDEVLSB, RF_FDEVLSB_50000},

Should be the default for FDEVMSB, but called 50K above??
#define RF_FDEVMSB_5000                     0x00  // Default
#define RF_FDEVLSB_5000                     0x52  // Default

john k2ox

if you wana go faster you gotta select a faster baud rate.

lilpint97

Thanks, I do understand that more data, faster rates, but before I go playing with it, I just wanted to understand what the default was truly under the covers 57.6K or 4.8K?

john k2ox

When the chip powers up it is 4.8k.  When Moteino is initialized it gets set to 57.6k by the rfm69 lib.