Bandwidth profiles in RFM69 library

Started by KanyonKris, August 09, 2014, 09:43:56 PM

KanyonKris

Felix, first I must say congratulations on releasing the MegaMoteino. And well done on all the items you are making progress on, as noted in your latest blog post.

Regarding your work on the RFM69 library, it would be nice if there were some standard bandwidth profiles that could be called when initializing the radio. It seems a few different bandwidths have been refined here in the forums and it would be nice to use them easily, for instance:

radio.initialize(FREQUENCY, NODEID, NETWORKID, 56K_BANDWIDTH);

or

radio.initialize(FREQUENCY, NODEID, NETWORKID, 2400_BANDWIDTH);

Felix

Hi Kris, thanks.
It's a good suggestion. But you mean bitrates? There are several settings that would be relevant to change along with bitrate/bandwidth. So ... maybe this is a good thread to start analyzing which of these make sense. I am open to suggestions, but we need to look at the whole set of settings rather than just one setting. And testing them is also important, and I would need help there since my time is so limited.

KanyonKris

Ah, yes, bitrate.

Also, yes, a profile would include the whole set of settings that result in "the best" (many ways to define that) performance. I can do some testing, I have 2 free Moteinos.