and surprisingly rugged, too!

Started by jbeale, October 25, 2013, 01:42:09 AM

jbeale

Stupidly working too late at night, I connected a 3xAA battery pack to +Vin and GND on my new Moteino in reverse. Bad smell, thumb burned, unit seemed dead.

BUT...! I unsoldered the SOT23 regulator and tried +3.3V from external PS into the 3.3V pin. Unit works OK and the Rx RSSI looks about the same as before.  Impressed! The LDO doubles as a fast-acting silicon fuse in case of reverse polarity, at least in this case.

Now I need to have some stock on hand of those SOT-23 regulators...

schulz

Sigh.  Just did the same thing.  Looking through the schematics I can't find any reference to the power regulator.

Anybody have any ideas on how to get this thing back?  R4 if that makes a diffference.


schulz

That worked!

Thanks felix and jbeale.

That went from a $20 to a $.50 mistake.