"RaspberryPi home automation gateway – Setup" Error on chat-application test

Started by jrmathletics, February 15, 2015, 10:10:19 AM

jrmathletics

Hi guys,

I'm trying to complete the tutorial for home automation gateway setup. But can't seem to get passed the chat.js index.html part of it. I'm not getting the same images that the tutorial is getting.

Here is what's happening when i enter the IP of the RPi into a browser on a different computer on the same network. I'm not prompted for the basic_auth information either.


The files are on a Raspberry Pi A+ running NOOBS.

Any clue of what has gone wrong to put me on the right track again?

Kind regards,
JR.

Felix

The tutorial, followed religiously every step will yield a working setup. Make sure everything is done as in the walkthrough. Distro, versions, everything.

jrmathletics

Problem solved: Got it working with a fresh reinstall of Raspbian! Obviously did something wrong on the first try.

Felix: I can see that you have a thorough walkthrough of gateway.js for the garageproject. Wonderd if you had something similar with MotionMote?

Thanks for the help.

Felix

Working on it now :)
Will be available and blogged when I have something nice working.