Author Topic: Ultra low power listening mode for battery nodes  (Read 80904 times)

TomWS

Re: Ultra low power listening mode for battery nodes
« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2020, 01:24:44 PM »
Tom - Are you using the TPL5010s to synchronize across the GW and nodes? I have some ideas on how to do that, and how to re-sync every now and then to account for the 1% variance the timer mentions it can have. Im curious how you achieved that, do you have a github with such an example?
I use the TPL5010 as a Watchdog on ALL of my devices because I want them to work without any intervention.  On most of my motes, I also use the TPL5010 as a basic time keeper, simply because it's simpler using the Done signal to wakeup the Mote and have it do its thing - there's no programming effort to get this to work (other than the interrupt handler that simply sets a SW flag that the Interrupt has occurred - one line of code).

I have found that the TPL5010 to be pretty consistently within 1% accuracy (usually within 6 seconds out of 600 and this is largely due to the resistors I choose rather than the TPL5010) and VERY stable at whatever time it runs and that's more than good enough for my applications.

I don't have a github example that I recall, but, since you asked, I could probably post my TPL5010 'library' there.  I'll have to add an 'ino' file to include a basic example, but I'll have to make one up since I don't use the normal RFM69 or LowPower libraries and my 'sleep' cases wouldn't be useful to you.

I'm tied up for the next few days, but ping me in a week if I don't post it by then.

Tom

TomWS

Re: Ultra low power listening mode for battery nodes
« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2020, 05:31:27 PM »
I could probably post my TPL5010 'library' there. 
Done!
https://github.com/TomWS1/tplWDT

I realized that I could steal some example code from the LowPower library...