Author Topic: Low power radio wakeup  (Read 3407 times)

niranjan_187

• NewMember
Low power radio wakeup
« on: April 13, 2016, 03:59:39 AM »
Hello Guys,

I am trying to build a low power application to wake up one moteino from another moteino. For the same, I referred the following link in which a library is developed for low power wake up stuff. Its being developed by joelucid

The link for lower power stuff: https://lowpowerlab.com/forum/index.php/topic,1136.0.html

The library is supposed to be used in the following manner:

Client moteino:
call startListening to enter listen mode.
sleep the moteino
on wake up call receivedBytes to see if anything arrived
call clearBuffer to be ready for the next transmit
call endListening to end listening mode. Afterwards reinitialize the RFM69 library to restore its settings.

Server moteino:
call send to transmit to the client
Afterwards reinitialize the RFM69 library.

However, every time I try to run this it does not wake up the client moteino. So I wanted to know if there any other way to do this low power wireless wake up stuff or am I missing out on something with this library?

Thank you in advance and waiting for you guidance.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 04:02:37 AM by niranjan_187 »

TomWS

Re: Low power radio wakeup
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 09:21:03 AM »
When using the ListenMode settings, your sender needs to use a different send function.  In the RFM69_ATC code, this is performed by radio.sendBurst which transmits the same packet, multiple times over a 3 second period (slightly longer than the ListenMode idle time - the width of a listen mode window).  See Gateway_ATC_WL example - sendBurst() function.  radio.restoreInit() restores the radio settings to normal values.

Note also that the frequency and data rates are changed, plus encryption is turned off.  The frequency is shifted to try to keep the burst from interfering with normal Mote traffic.

Tom

Magmanus

• NewMember
Re: Low power radio wakeup
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 06:33:36 AM »

Note also that the frequency and data rates are changed, plus encryption is turned off.  The frequency is shifted to try to keep the burst from interfering with normal Mote traffic.

Tom

Anyone has more information about this? How to shift the frequency?