Using RFM69 with Arduino Nano

Started by Richelsdorfite, October 21, 2013, 03:39:10 PM

Richelsdorfite

Hi,

I want to use RFM69 module with an Arduino Nano V3.
As RFM69 levels seem to be 3V3 and the logic levels of the Nano are 5V, should I use an adapter level ?

Regards,

Michel

Richelsdorfite

Silly question = simple answer "Yes".  :o

Felix

The easy way out is to give it 3.3V power and use 10K/4.7K resistors for the data lines, except MISO which doesn't need it since it's input FROM the RFM69/RFM12B module.

Richelsdorfite

#3
Ok, I made a first try.

But the Nano don't like.

I connect the RFM69  to the Nano like:

First side:


  • NC is not connected.
    NSS is an input for RFM69 so I use a voltage divider and connect  to Nano328 D10
    MOSI is an input for RFM69 so I use a voltage divider and connect  to Nano328 D11
    MISO is an otput for RFM69 so I don't use a voltage divider and connect  to Nano328 D12
    SCK is an input for RFM69 so I use a voltage divider and connect  to Nano328 D13
    GND is not directly connected to the Nano as it's connect to the other GND
    Antenna to a 16,5 cm antenna as I use a 433MHz
    GND is connected to Nano ground

Second side:


  • Reset is not connected .
    DI00 is an input for RFM69 so I use a voltage divider and connect  to Nano328 D12 D2
    DI01&02&03&04&05 are not connected
    3.3V is connected to Nano 3.3V


I use the Gateway sketch and the Node sketch, none of them work.

I presume that the wire length between the Nano and the RFM 69 should be minimized to prevent interference ?

When I connect the RFM69 power to the Nano 3V3, the Nano does not seem to hold the power demand and restarts.

Any idea :-)

Michel

Richelsdorfite

Arg!!!!!

DI00 seems to be an output !

Felix

All the DIOs are outputs FROM the RFM69.
Oh and DIO0 is supposed to go to D2.

Richelsdorfite

I think the 10k/4.7k voltage divider is not good for time constant.
I try and the output signal from the Nano which are similar with the signal from Moteino the first 5V and the second 3.3V and this voltage divider change the signal.

So I find http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/21055/voltage-level-shifting and try a voltage divider made with 2k/1k, the signal from D13 is not change only the level.

Richelsdorfite

And................................

It's working good !

:)

Felix

Cool.
Just FYI - the 1k/2k will eat more power though.

Sirocco

Hello people.
Richelsdorfite, could you  use RFM69W with Nano with the wiring which you describe above  ?  And will it be right for the Mega and Uno also ? ?

Richelsdorfite

Yes, of course.

But the purpose of my setup was to try not to use. So I have no feed back.