Author Topic: RF signal blocking/interference  (Read 6608 times)

Lensdigital

• Lensdigital
Re: RF signal blocking/interference
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 09:13:46 PM »
Hey Felix, where did you find BOM for these modules?
Anyway I got replacement modules today in the mail (this time it's RFM69W) and soldered to same PCB where I had issues before, and everything works great at 915Mhz!  Even without any antenna attached :)

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 11:33:55 PM »
Hey Felix, where did you find BOM for these modules?
Anyway I got replacement modules today in the mail (this time it's RFM69W) and soldered to same PCB where I had issues before, and everything works great at 915Mhz!  Even without any antenna attached :)
The SX1231H datasheet is a good place to start. Then I reverse engineered the Hope version, they add a bunch of passives for their output routing path. This is because they use the same PCB for many different versions of the RFM69/65.
I would recomment soldering the antenna otherwise you might risk reflecting that signal back into the transceiver and potentially damage it if you run it like that for a longer time.

musskopf

• NewMember
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 11:24:12 PM »
Hi Lensdigital,

I had the exactly same issue, module labeled as 915Mhz but it only work as 915Mhz if I turn on the "HiPower", but the range is just a few meters. Switching to 433Mhz, they work perfectly! My modules don't have that extra capacitor as per your picture (http://lensdigital.com/mote2/SQM_915Mhz.jpg).

Well, at least now I have another person with same issue... contacting seller again!

Cheers,