recommended 3.3v LDO regulator with an enable pin?

Started by gregcope, January 04, 2019, 02:14:53 PM

gregcope

Hi,

Need a regulator to power a GPS/GNSS+active antenna which is around 50ma plus.

Can anyone recommend an LDO 3.3v regulator that has an enable pin?  Efficient would be good!

I might make this into an M0 daughter board.

Felix


gregcope

Thanks.

Is there an easy place to get an Eagle libary so that I can add that part.

Also ... what SMD capacitors (sizes) do people start with?

Felix

I never ever copy someone else's SMD parts. They can sometimes be incorrectly wired and the pads can be the wrong size, then they fail during reflow etc.

I make my own, that said, I would look to see if microchip has a library, or if someone has created a microchip library with that part, or similar parts.
Anyway making a part is really easy and you should learn how to do it.

For caps, it really depends on technology and the actual value. But generally for values up to 4.7uF I recommend 0603. For 10uF/22uF 0805, and above that 1206 and beyond (large values in small packages are a lot more expensive).

gregcope

Thanks Felix.  Having looked its does not look too hard to create a lib part.  Just another thing to learn!