Power Moteino from 24v

Started by Lukapple, February 02, 2019, 10:55:38 AM

Lukapple

Hi guys,
I've a Moteino controlled siren which is powered by 24v power supply.
You can find details  HERE.
I'm currently using a separate power supply for Moteino. What is the best way to use same power supply as siren? Which voltage regulator should I use?

Thanks!

sparky

This is the one used on the IOShield kit that I use for my sprinklers..

https://lowpowerlab.com/shop/product/133

TomWS

Quote from: sparky on February 02, 2019, 10:59:34 AM
This is the one used on the IOShield kit that I use for my sprinklers..

https://lowpowerlab.com/shop/product/133
Good recommendation.  There are lower cost choices that are similar, but not packaged as conveniently.  A quick look for 5V Switching Regulator should turn up some alternatives.  Note that the 24V input voltage will have to be DC, but a simple silicon diode and bulk capacitor should take of that.  Just be sure that the input rating of the switching regulator is at least 35V.

Lukapple

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm going to order one right away!

sparky

Lukapple,

You have any more details on the board you are using and possible schematic?  Did you design and make it?

Thanks

Lukapple

Yes, I've designed it. See attached Eagle project.
You can find more details on the link in my first post.