Off the Shelf Remote Controlled [fill in the blank]

Started by markushopkins, December 17, 2013, 02:42:48 AM

markushopkins

I've seen some of the stuff being done with ninjablocks and off the shelf outlets and such, and I'm curious about whether moteinos could be used to control things like that.

I know Felix doesn't have much interest (see this thread), but I'm hoping someone else does. :)

In any case, the data sheet for RFM69W says it supports OOK, which is what most of the off the shelf components require.

Any thoughts?

Felix

The reason I said I didn't care much for those is because as I build more types of hardware centered on the Moteino, they will make use of the libraries (packetized FSK comm) to have them interconnected so OOK would have to be separate. That's not to say a Moteino based remote can't be built, in fact that was a thought I had in mind. Could be just an IR remote with a few programmable buttons that can then be sync-ed with different devices, like the SwitchMotes.