Author Topic: Changing number in upper left corner of OLED?  (Read 1719 times)

wb8wka

• NewMember
Changing number in upper left corner of OLED?
« on: April 24, 2019, 12:32:12 AM »
What is the changing number in the upper left hand corner of the OLED and it's significance?

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: Changing number in upper left corner of OLED?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 09:21:45 AM »
It's a raw ADC differential reading of the output. It translates directly into the large number below it (X.Y n/u/mA).
It's more a remnant of development, but it can be helpful with determining ADC offsets when the n/u/A reading is actually 0.0.
You can always look at the code and see exactly where it comes from and how it translates into the reading, or you can remove/edit/change it to something else if you'd like.

If you reflash the unit - mind the recommended calibration values on the little label you receive with the unit. Upon reflashing it - if the self calibration is much different from those values, you should probably hard code the recommended calibration values using the directives at the top of the sketch.

PS. Be careful with those whiskers between the VCC and GND of the OLED!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 09:24:39 AM by Felix »

RK_aus_S

• NewMember
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 03:32:22 PM »
Hello Felix

May I ask again concerning this upper, left number?

When I got the CurrentRanger some weeks ago, it was mostly swinging between -1 and 0. After some flashings I think it's now rather swinging between -2 and -1.

Is there any action from my side necessary? Shouldn't it be simply 0 if the current reading is 0.0 too?  ???

Regards
Roman

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 03:45:06 PM »
I would not be concerned with that number.
It's a raw differential result and the ADC is not perfectly linear.
It should be close to 0. So -1/-2 is pretty normal depending on the range and the noise it picks up.