Author Topic: Permanent Restart  (Read 2076 times)

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: Permanent Restart
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 11:01:59 AM »
Hmmm. Not sure what's going on.
Try setting it up on a clean latest raspbian, it is known to work on that.
Otherwise in the interest of saving time you're welcome to send it back and I will take a look at it if you want.

The guide, video and all resources in this forum pretty much explain how it's supposed to work. You can test the ATXRaspi board by itself to verify it works, again I will point you to the guide for that and I wont repeat it here. It's all well documented and the board has a very simple principle of operation and uses the 2 feedback pins to determine the state of the Pi and to trigger a reboot/shutdown. The shutdown script has to be installed and working properly. Boot into your console to ensure it is running.

The ATXRaspi will not issue restarts/reboots without a user button press. So I suspect those random restarts are caused by something else. Your wiring looks OK but I've seen shorts between pins caused by improper soldering and corrosion. I would really double check that and make sure there is no residue between any of the atxraspi soldered pins.

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2018, 01:53:49 PM »
Just had this thought:

If the feedback pins are not correctly wired to the Pi or they are flimsy, those GPIOs on the Pi side can float around randomly, causing the shutdown script to issue random restart/shutdowns, which could explain the behavior.
Double check those connections, maybe with the Pi off check for continuity.
Booting in console would allow you to see what triggers the reboot/shutdown, if they are caused by the SHUTDOWN pin or not.

bryan321

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 02:08:05 AM »
I discover a short in the board. I disconnected the led and the button. While  holding it with my finger it turn it on and then triggered a shutdown. So just ordered a new one. I didnít I could send it back to be looked at .