Author Topic: ATXRaspi Stopped Working  (Read 1962 times)

rej4449

• NewMember
ATXRaspi Stopped Working
« on: May 16, 2021, 12:52:04 AM »
Hi,

I installed an ATXRaspi on a Raspberry Pi running OctoPi.  For about a week it ran well.  However, it stopped working.  When I start up, the BootOK LED turns on normally.  When I press the Power button, the ShutDown LED does not turn on.  The Power button does blink normally.  If I hold the Power button longer than 6 seconds, the Raspi does turn off.

Any idea what might be wrong?  I checked my wiring numerous times and could not find any errors.

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: ATXRaspi Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 09:36:00 AM »
Is the BOOTOK LED on when you try to use the shutdown button?

rej4449

• NewMember
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 11:06:52 AM »
Yes, the BootOK LED is on.  Sorry I didn't make it more clear.

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 02:58:24 PM »
Ok, 2 questions:

1) What revision is this? Latest R3?
2) If R3, please describe the 3 sets of red blinks (the SHUTDOWN red LED on ATXRaspi ) do you see when you apply power to the ATXRaspi?

rej4449

• NewMember
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 05:41:24 PM »
My ATXRaspi is the latest R3.  On  powerup, there are 3 short blinks about 1 second apart.

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 08:54:01 PM »
Ok, that means a SHORT PRESS on the power button should issue a SHUTDOWN (solid RED SHUTDOWN LED blink). A long press should issue a REBOOT (short pulse on SHUTDOWN/RED LED).
That is the normal behavior.

But you're reporting that the ATXRaspi is somehow not reading that BOOTOK input signal from the Pi.
If the BOOTOK LED is ON, then I don't see why the main MCU on the ATXRaspi would not be able to see it as a HIGH and behave normally. Only when it reads that signal as LOW, would it not allow/issue a SHUTDOWN, and only turn OFF the output after a very long press on the button.

Do you have a multimeter to check the voltage on the BOOTOK signal? Should be ~3.3V.

Are you using a MOMENTARY (ie SPDT, non-latching) for the power button?

rej4449

• NewMember
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 05:59:18 PM »
When it worked, the behavior was as you described.  I am using a momentary switch.  I purchased it from you.

I had to travel for an emergency.  I'll get back to you when I return.

Sorry.

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2021, 07:01:12 PM »
You may return it for me to look at it and see what's going on. I will repair or replace it depending on my findings.
Please use the contact form to get in touch for details.

rej4449

• NewMember
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2021, 06:05:27 PM »
I was away for a family emergency.  When I returned, I removed the ATXRaspi from a very tight case for further troubleshooting.  The problem became intermittent.  OK, time to pull out my 'scope and start checking lines to find the intermittent cable or solder joint.  If I run into any more problems I will let you know.

Thanks.

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 08:43:31 PM »
Sounds good.
FWIW worn or poor quality USB/cables, or not so great solder joints can cause common issues like this sometimes.